BRIEF REPORT OF COMMUNITY MANAGED ECO TRAIL
by Chitra Pun, Field Officer
I am very happy to get an opportunity to acknowledge to all respective people about Community Managed Eco Trail and its progress in the Spring season 2013.
We held a meeting of communities in Tikot village on the 20th July 2013 to distribute money that was earned during the first tourism season of 2013. In the meeting, people were participated from Banskharka village, Dandakateri village, Nangi village, Aula village, Tikot village and Khibang village where community dining hall with home stay and community lodges for trekkers have been run by communities.
Name list of members who attended the meeting
- Mr. Kishan Pun, Secretary of Nangi Community Lodge, Nangi village
- Miss, Pok Maya Purja, Chef of Nangi Community Lodge, Nangi village
- Mr. Hari Pun,Chef Mohare Community Lodge, Mohare Danda
- Mr. Bir Bahadur Pun, Member,Dandakateri Community Dining Hall, Dandakateri village
- Mr. Yam Garbuja, Chairman, Banskharka Community Dining Hall, Banskharka village
- Mr. Akash Pun, Chef, Banskharka Community Dining Hall, Banskharka village
- Mr. Kumar Garbuja, Member, Dandakharka Community Lodge, Dandakharka
- Mr. Pradeep Pun, Chairman, Tikot Community Dining Hall, Tikot village
- Mr. Dam Bahadur Pun, Chef, Tikot Community Dining Hall, Tikot village
- Mr.Tek Bahadur Pun, Member, Tikot Community Dining Hall, Tikot village
- Mrs. Reukumari Pun, Member, Tikot Community Dining Hall, Tikot village
- Mr.Yam Bahadur Pun, Chef, Khibang Community Dining Hall, Khibang village
- Mr. Dil Bahadur Pun, Member, Khibang Community Dining Hall, Khibang village
- Mr. Chitra Pun, Coordinator of The Annapurna Dhaulagiri Community Eco-Trek
- Mrs. Pha Maya Pun, Representative of DEMEGA
In the mean time, we conducted PLASTIC FREE ZONE awareness one day program in association of Base Camp Trek and Expedition. There were more than 25 villagers from Banskharka, Dandakateri, Nangi, Tikot, Khibang, Shikha, Pauduwar villages. The main objective was to make this trekking route plastic free. That’s why any trekkers can’t get to buy bottled water in this route. Villagers have banned in use of bottled water. Community has distributed 17 sets SAWYER water filter at the lodges. It is ensured that trekkers can drink safe water from SAWYER water filter www.pointonefilters.com . It is believed that it will help to protect environment pollution.