You can help support community development in Nangi by donating funds, voluntary service, or materials to the Himanchal Education Foundation. Many of these contributions can be tax deductible, and will go a long way in helping the school meet the educational needs of a growing number of students.
Your contribution can provide assistance for the schools and rural development programs in two main ways:
Vocational and Income Generating Programs
- Sponsoring men and women from the villages to take training on sewing, knitting, handicraft making, embroidery, carpet making, computers, carpentry, basic health, electrical training etc. It costs about US $60 a month to sponsor a person for taking training on these trades in Nepal.
- Buying sewing machines, looms, small machines and tools needed for the programs as mentioned above.
- Helping to establish handicraft making, papermaking, poultry farming, bee keeping, cheese making, jam making and a greenhouse for tomato growing projects.
- Providing medical supplies and equipment for the village clinics.
- By being a business partner for selling a handicraft business abroad, and for starting tourism business such as establishing village resorts, trekking agency, travel and tour company to bring tourists in our area.
Improve Educational Quality of the Schools
- Contributing small amount of money as one time or monthly basis donation. The money will be spent to pay for teachers. Your donations can make a big difference in paying for a teachers’ salary (US $10/month), and by sponsoring a teacher partially or fully. Right now we are short of about US $500 a month for paying the teachers.
- Providing teaching materials, game materials, learning materials and musical instruments.
- Providing money to buy reference books and Nepali language books for the library.
- Sponsoring poor students to go to school. A student needs about US $8 to pay for tuition and to buy stationery for one month.
- Providing money to buy textbooks for students, which would be about US $10 per student for a year.
- Sending stationery supplies like paper, pencils, pens and calculators
- Construction of classrooms and hostels.
- Providing hardware and equipment like computers parts from used PCs, used laptops, over-head projectors and science laboratory equipment.
- Providing 802.11b complaint access points and other wireless networking equipment to network several villages and schools in the region
- Providing your voluntary service as a schoolteacher, health worker, or vocational trainer for short time.
- Installation of mini hydro generators to power the school
Even the smallest contribution can make a big difference.