Mahabir Pun, Team Leader of the project is attended the annual convention of Associations of Nepalese in Americas (ANA) as a distinguised guest from July 4 to 6 2008. With the strong support of friends from around the world, he has started a campaign – “Donate One Dollar a Month to help Build Broadband Information Highway Across Nepal”.
Here is the “Speech of Mahabir Pun” he delivered at the opening ceremony of the convention.
- To donate, please go to https://himanchal.org/contribute-one-dollar-a-month.html to set up an annual recurring charge of $12 (i.e. one contribution of $12 each year) instead of having 12 separate monthly transactions of $1 each.
- If you wish to set up your contribution of $1 on monthly basis, you can do it through http://www.nepalwireless.thamel.com. Either way, the money comes to our school’s bank account.
- For those friends, who don’t have credit cards or would like to donate cash, please collect money through your local community organization and contact us at contact-at-himanchal-dot-org. We will assist you to send the money to our bank account through our remittance partners.
- You can also send your check earmarked as “For One dollar campaign” to – Himanchal Education Foundation, c/o Dr. Leonard Skov, 5610 Avenue N, Kearney, Nebraska 68847, Phone: (308) 234-1243, Email: leonard-at-himanchal-dot-org.
- For the people living in Nepal, we would like to ask to donate Rs.50 a month through schools, colleges and local organizations. Please let me know about your interest through email or through phone at 977-9841592361 in Nepal.
Click here to print sign-up sheets and distribute it to your friends – Sign up Sheet
Please Note: You will get tax deduction for your contribution in the US because Himanchal Education Foundation is registered as a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit-making corporation in the State of Nebraska, USA.
Encourage your children to initiate the campaign among their peers in schools so that the children can learn from their early age to be involved in projects like these for good causes.